Starting this unreal new year of 2018 I was blessed, humbled and honored to be nominated for the LIEBSTER AWARD by Angela McClintock who has a blog I found very heartfelt and welcoming to people looking for a warm place to feel at home while they read. WATER FOR CAMELS Take the time and go check her much needed site in today’s mixed up world. Thank you, Angela McClintock, for starting my year off with a wonderful feeling. I can only hope I make you proud and not regret your choice to nominate me.
Here are a few basic rules for the nomination:
1.Acknowledge the blogger who nominated you
2.Answer the 11 questions I ask
3. Nominate no more than 11 bloggers
4. Pose 11 questions for them.
My Questions from Angela.
1. Who was an early influencer in your life
A: My Mom-mom, the sweetest woman that ever walked the earth. I can only hope to be as kindhearted to others as she was to me.
2. How did you realize you wanted to become a writer
A: Writing was just something I always found to be comfortable with, like I had to visually see my thoughts. Plus, it helps get the words swirling around in my head to stop if I put them on paper.
3. Do you prefer writing poetry or prose
A: Its an equal toss. Each day I wake up with something new wanting out of my mind. I never know how it will end until I’m done.
4. Who is your favorite poet?
A: Edgar Allan Poe for everything
5. What is the hardest barrier for you to overcome in order to write your blog?
A: Self Doubt and Judgement
6. What Current social crisis is near to your heart? (You feel strongly about).
A: The crumbling of today’s family unit and society becoming desensitized to our children being lost through the cracks of our system. It is a massive snowball rolling down the mountain.
7. What would you like to be remembered for most when you are gone?
A: How I made people feel (if it was something good). I always have a good feeling inside when I think of my Mom Mom, so that is what I would like for myself in the end.
8. If you could have dinner with anyone alive or dead who would it be and why.
A: Hmmmm, good question…. I suppose again, it would be my Mom Mom. To tell her she made a difference in my life. That all her unconditional love was felt and appreciated. She helped me to choose the right path when it really mattered which direction I would head. Even though she wasn’t physically here, she gently guided me where I needed to be.
9. What is your kryptonite food? ( can tempt you no matter what?)
A: Chocolate, Chocolate and something with chocolate in it!
10. What is your birth order.
A: I am the middle child (I have the middle child syndrome I’m told lol)
11. Why did you start your blog?
A: My family and friends encouraged me to start sharing my thoughts and stories with other people besides them. They believe in me way more then I do myself, so I took their advice and I have no regrets.
Thank you again for my nomination Angela McClintock
I started my site in August of 2017 and have found many enjoyable sites to read but these are a few I am drawn back to since I first started…and that is not taking away from any of the wonderful sites I visit and those that visit mine.
GP Cox-Pacific Paratrooper
Old Boy-Back to the past web
Congratulations on your nomination.
Here are my questions for you
- What inspired the name of your blog page?
- Who is your favorite person to be with and why?
- Which do you prefer best, the sunset or sunrise?
- What do you drink when you are reading your favorite book?
- How did you survive the hardest time of your life?
- What season do you enjoy the most?
- If ever there was one wish granted for you, what would you want it to be?
- What is your favorite pet (if you have one)? What do you love most about them?
- Besides reading, what is your favorite hobby?
- What would be your ideal “night on the town” be like?
- What teacher had the biggest impact on your life?